As college football season kicks off this fall, fans are excitedly anticipating what awaits us during Week 1. Let's take a closer look at some of the top 25 teams and some key storylines of Week One.
1. Georgia (0-0)The Bulldogs are on a quest for a three-peat championship, and their journey begins with a home opener against UT-Martin. Questions surround the playing time of quarterback Carson Beck in this tune-up game before facing Ball State in Week 2.
2. Michigan (0-0)Michigan enters the season with Jess Minter as the interim coach, set to face East Carolina in Week 1. The absence of head coach Jim Harbaugh due to suspension shouldn't be a hindrance as they welcome back Blake Corum to their college football lineup.
3. Ohio State (0-0)A tough decision lies ahead for Ohio State as they choose between quarterbacks Kyle McCord and Devin Brown. They'll take on Indiana, a team that hasn't defeated them since 1988. Keep an eye out for multiple Ohio State receivers aiming to score touchdowns.
4. Alabama (0-0)The perennial powerhouse Alabama is faced with the question of who will start as their quarterback. Expect a rotation of quarterbacks in their home opener against Middle Tennessee.
5. LSU (0-0)
LSU's season opener against Florida State promises to be one of the highlights of this weekend, though Masson Smith may miss his opening game due to an ACL tear.
6. Penn State (0-0)Penn State faces West Virginia for the first time since 1992, and all eyes are on quarterback Drew Allar making his prime time starting debut.
7. USC (1-0)Zachariah Branch's electrifying skills have injected excitement into USC's game, but their defense needs improvement after conceding 396 yards in their victory against San Jose State.
8. Notre Dame (1-0)Transfer quarterback Hartman has shown promise for Notre Dame, and this trend is expected to continue against Tennessee State.
9. Florida State (0-0)September sets the stage for Florida State as they face LSU and Clemson. A victory could position Jordan Travis as a Heisman Trophy contender and their team as a CFP candidate.
10. Clemson (0-0)Despite being the reigning Power 5 conference champion, Clemson's ranking seems lower than deserved.