As a kid, I recall visiting a family friend who belonged to Kashmir and always served hot cups of Kahwa during winters. The only reason for me to accompany my parents through those get-togethers was that sweet and heavenly cinnamon; cardamom flavored sour delicate, sexy beverage. Later, when, as an Army spouse, I remained in Udhampur, having a cup of Kahwa became a daily evening habit. Throughout that time, only I understood the health benefits of Kashmiri Kahwa. Let me share it with my blog readers, also, today.
Beginning the day with a hot cup of java is an inevitable daily ritual for almost all people. It refreshes, gives energy, and sets up to take the daily challenges head-on. At exactly the exact same time, we need to see that tea is proven to be far more than that. Recall your mother, that tells you to have a cup of ginger cardamom tea for cold and cough and ajwain wali chai to handle stomach-related issues. Tea is an excellent remedy for various health problems. Consider it as a stress reliever during the time that you are rushing to meet deadlines.
Talking about Kashmiri Kahwa, an exotic combination of Kashmiri green tea leaves, whole spices such as cardamom and cinnamon, almonds, and saffron is prepared in a brass kettle called a Samovar at Kashmir.
The Samovar includes a cavity in the center where hot coal is placed, which heats the surrounding area where water and other ingredients boil to your tea.
A fantastic Kashmiri Kahwa comprises saffron, cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves along with almonds.
Health advantages of Kashmiri Kahwa
- Kahwa is also one such tea with a combination of aroma, taste, and taste, and various health advantages. It includes ingredients like saffron, which functions well in keeping warm during winters. Saffron in Kahwa tea is an superb vitamin B12 source. You can read about Saffron benefits here….
- It improves digestion as it’s a type of green tea without any caffeine. Some people today think it to be an effective fat burner. Traditionally Kahwa is served after meals as it aids in digestion and helps burn fat.
- Kashmiri Kahwa is a kind of herbal beverage that helps in improving focus and cure anxiety. It assists in relaxing and reducing anxiety levels.
- Kahwa works excellent to detox and cleanses the digestive tract, which then can help in improving metabolism. Similar to any other health drink, Kahwa too helps with digestive difficulties associated with constipation.
- Kahwa being a warming drink, works best during winters. A cupful of Kahwa first thing in the morning can help kick start your day with all the nourishment of nuts and whole spices, resulting in better digestion.
- The addition of cinnamon helps control cholesterol in blood vessels and lower the chance of heart disease.
- Compounds in Kahwa help keep us far from illnesses during winters.
- Antioxidants aid in moisturizing the skin and decrease related problems such as acne.
- Who will deny almonds’ advantages added to Kahwa that works for the skin and make it glow? Read all about the advantages of Almonds here…
- Kahwa can help to recharge energy if a person feels lethargic immediately.
Quick Recipe for Kashmiri Kahwa
Firstly it must be mentioned that Kashmiri Kahwa leaves are not any green tea leaves. These are sweet-tasting tea leaves that may be chewed and eaten along with spices and almonds while using tea.
- A Couple of strands saffron
- 2 cloves
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Kahwa leaves
- 1-2 tsp honey or sugar
- Boil 1 cup of water along with cloves cardamom and cinnamon.
- Insert Kahwa tea leaves and switch off the fire. Cover and let it infuse for a few minutes.
- Blanch and finely slice almonds and add it with few strands of saffron.|}
- Ultimately, stir strain and pour the tea into the cup. It’s possible to serve without straining too. You can sweeten it with sugar or honey in accordance with your taste.
Hope you will enjoy this Kashmiri Kahwa!